If you're my stalker and looking a gift for me, please read this..

 


For me, flowers are the least practical gift.
A friend of mine once received a gorgeous lily bouquet that we believed to cost a lot. After a few weeks, guess where did the bouquet end up? Brown and dried, lying on top of her wardrobe.
So I never grasp the relevance between flowers and romance.
A guy friend told me flower gifting is a sincere expression of admiration to whom it is given. It is expected the receiver would feel as beautiful as the flower.
Indeed, I was kind of flattered when given one. However, as it finally wilted and petals were strewn around my room, I was not impressed and made a note to never try to be sentimental by keeping flower-gift as a keepsake.
Anyway, I was gifted a bottle of white wine which I thought was such a cheeky gift - - was the gifter's intention to drunk me out?
We went out for steak on NYE and brought the bottle out. To our unexpected delight, the dinner was pleasant. Smoothly, the drink got into our system; wow, man, it felt like we were gradually lifted up to the 7th cloud by soft sweet bundles of clouds!
It's light. It's relaxing. It feels... awesome.
The most delighted one? My mom. She suggested that I tell the gifter to only give us wine as a present moving forward. I, shamelessly, agree.
Days after, my mom urged me to buy another bottle for our Chinese New Year dinner. So I am not the only one enjoying the cloud ride, apparently.
Takeaway key: I don't need to feel admired and beautiful, I need to feel high.