Life Paradoxes - Stress to be happy

"What is the purpose of your life?" my Ethic and Philosophy lecture asked to the class one day during my uni year. 

Various answers were thrown, from the shallow one - to eat, to shop, to travel - to the noble one - to make my parents happy. But none made him satisfied. He kept probing, repeating the same question, questioning back the answer given. 

He was sixty-something year old man, most of his hair was white, skinny and a bit slouchy. Imagine to have talk with grandpa, it's the same nerve-wrecking I felt that time wishing he would just cut all the bush beating and off to the answer. 

He concluded that all humans live for unified purpose of: happiness. Any efforts made is just to make oneself happy. Say, one lives to eat, to shop, or to travel, it's to fulfill one's needs and desire which brings happiness within. One lives to make the parents happy, because by seeing our parents happy, we, hopefully, would feel better about ourselves that we have succeeded in making the significant others happy. Give any answers to the question, peel the skin, and it will bring to the core of idea: people want to be happy. 

This rings a loud noisy bell on my head. People work so hard, get stressed for what? To buy food, to afford living, to pay the bills. For me, besides it's been planted on my blood, I work hard to fill in my bank accounts to afford travelling and shopping. Then, I was taken aback. So I work my ass off, am overwhelmed with lot of things, is an effort to bring me to get leisure. 

How ironic that I bring myself to pressure in order to release the pressure in luxury way. 

This guy on Tinder writes, maybe copies from somewhere, 
We have to do things we need to do in order to be able to do things we want to do. 

Maybe that's the way how life should be done. We do paradoxes, life is paradox after all. We acknowledge the paradox, then act the paradox. Remember when things you cannot find after digging everywhere but it just pops out when you don't even remember or bother? 

That's, maybe, how life works.