How to Write Like a Thirsty Teenage Girl

On Saturday, I usually go to a friend's apartment complex to swim. The pool is  big and nice. Main shape is long rectangle where most people crowd there. It extends to other side of pool (more roundish) where some youngsters and kids prefer to chill and not really swimming.

There's a guy, let's call him Speed Boat. Speed Boat swims like a legit speed boat. I was a bit annoyed. He swims really fast and noisy. For a weak and struggling swimmer like me, he is quite intimidating.

Speed Boat swims fast back and forth from one side of the rectangle to other side in straight line. My route of swimming is rather slow pace tracing all side of the pool, from one side of rectangle to the other, then going through the extension part towards the round side of the pool before going back to the starting point.

Thing is, Speed Boat swims thrice faster than me. I swim quarter way and he's done with one route and swims back from the other side of the pool. He swings his hands pretty strong that splash of water makes some noise. He definitely stands out from the rest of dipping people in the pool that take swimming only as an excuse to play with water.

It is undeniably heavenly scenery when Speed Boat takes a short break from his solo race. I barely see his face as he wears google. But his tanned 180-185 cm tall built up body enough to amp me up. He even swims butterfly style, not a common mainstream free or breast style k! It really reminds me of handsome charming actor who also swims butterfly in Taiwanese drama. Two weeks in a row, thanks to Speed Boat, my Saturday swimming has been so much fulfilling.

As a hopeless romantic, the thought of chit chatting with Speed Boat definitely has come to my mind. There's time I felt that Speed Boat took a longer break to overheard my conversation with my uncle who I met that day coincidentally. I was in the high hope that Speed Boat would also start some convo with me after seeing how cheerful and friendly I was while chatting with my uncle. Or, banter like "OMG,how can you swim like a Speed Boat!" had been hanging on the tip of my tongue. But, in order to build image as a serious and sporty swimmer, I rather keep it for myself.

Then I was absence for sometimes, I hoped that Speed Boat might notice my absence and think about me. Yes, I know I am the biggest lamest romantic in the world.

I came back to swim and found NO Speed Boat. That was the most boring and tiring Saturday swimming ever! Pool was more crowded than usual. To swim in straight line  was hard as mindless people were playing around or (for Michael Phelps' sake) taking selfie in the middle of pool blocking my way.

I was so annoyed that I swore silently in my heart that their phone would slip into the pool. At least, please hang out in the side not in the middle where people will swim by!

I really miss Speed Boat. I don't care if he was super noisy with his intimidating strong splash of water. The more I swam, the more I was distracted by those un-sport-mannerly people, the more I thought about Speed Boat.

His diligence in swimming tirelessly back and forth actually has boosted me up to swim faster and take less break. He has shown some dignity for coming to pool for real swimming instead of standing or playing around in the side of the pool only to check on some "nice views" like most guys did that day. Chey, no wonder they got some flabby fatty stomach!

That day was really really dull and damp. I didn't make back-forth-chain-swimming and took more breaks than usual. It's ridiculous to write this story, but it's more ridiculous to reveal this story is written by 25 yo hopeless romantic auntie who longs for seems like early 20s Speed Boat. 180-185 tall is really lustful.