single pringle.

“So lets ask our single friend today. How are you?” A question coming in the mid of online group meeting.


Shucks I realized it was for me. Usually there would be someone else aside me but that time aside from spouses, i really was the only single one. 


Chill Cindy, the question was harmless. 


I was about to say that my relationship status is on the least and last issue on my mind. But the person asking made clearer probing, "Do you feel lonely from not having someone to talk to, like as if couple tell each other their problems, to whom the lonely single lady tells hers?”


Was it only me or this question was offensive?


Hello people in the world, let me tell you, not having a suitor doesnt mean we are lonely. I got friends who i can tell rant to. Heck we even have this friday sushi (which other have as Sunday brunch or Wed ladies night, ours is friday and sushi.)


And please not every couple can tell each other their issue. There are perhaps some couple thAt might feel lonelier thAn a single person because their partner might not understand and have a vibe going on with each other. 


I collected myself, and answered with the usual cheerful manner saying that I got friends who are also single so we just share together. Did I sound pitiful, I don't care. Happiness and life is not supposed to be standardized by your marital/romantic status. 


Is it only in Indonesia or everywhere else, that pastor brings the soulmate searching request into the closing prayer of each service. 


... so God, i speak blessings to the singles who are still looking for their partner. Lead them lord, so they can find their soulmate in the right time.. 


 As in finding soulmate is such important and urgent issue to be included after the pray for nation and healing for those who are sick. 


I wonder if that prayer distracts those who decide to not pursue marriage, and whether that prayer brings further hope or instead, pinch those who have wholeheartedly wait for their suitor to come for years! 


Fun fact: sometimes the ones who get excited on the soulmate part of prayer, exclaiming "AMEN" with such a spirit are those married couple. While the single, myself, try to get a grip to hold my laugh and not snort. 


I know the prayer and spirited AMEN is a kind gesture and support for the singles to keep hope, but aside, there could be other alternatives for the same purpose. 


Let's normalize being single and the singles. Single doesn't mean lacking, we can be happy with our way. Vulgarly, I can imagine how orgasm feels thorough music that hits on point in my ear. Compare to my married friends, they never had orgasm, so i can forcefully declare singles dont miss out that much. 


Let's control our tones and facial expressions when somebody tells their age and we can't find a wedding ring banded their finger when they come alone to the gatherings. 


Single could be a condition and also a choice. 


Just like when one chooses to be vegan.