How the world conspires

Perhaps it's around 2011 - 2012 | I went to work for the first time. It's an intern actually in a high end international fashion-lifestyle magazine. As part of the job, I got to go to some press conference or restaurant review. In either one, people would ask for name card. I got none. I was an intern anyway. But to save face, I just said that I run out of name card or forgot to bring. That time I hoped that one day, I would get a business name card. 

2013 - 2014 | I worked in home industry cake shop. My job was to liaise with clients or customers. After some time, I got my first name card. I felt a bit burden as I was going to resign that time. I would just spread my name card everywhere during events so it would be finished and not become a waste. 

One thing's down, but I got another wish came up. I wondered how it would be super nice to have a corporate email domain. My email address is my name - which has 14 characters. The business itself has 17 characters email address. It's super tiring to spell the phonetic alphabets - charlie, india, november, and so on. Sometimes, I would just stop or slow down as to catch up where I was. Also, a corporate email would sound more professional and trust-able. 

2016 - 2017 | Worked in what seemed to be professional small to medium business. It's not only one, I got two business cards - email company address from different companies. It's a super long story itself, but well the pride of having what I wished for quickly gone off. 

I desperately longed for an office, a building, my space, company culture. Working flexibility, big salary, out of town business trip apparently meant not that significant. In one serial business trip, I felt such an exasperation and missed my standard bed rather than that thick fully hotel duvet. A big hole existed and bugged my heart; work was such a torture. 

2017 | Corporate email address but no name card - well, I find name card is environment unfriendly and has very little use anyway, office and building though not in the coolest uptown central business district, my sloppy space, company culture gathering, and (some backfiring) gossips, it's all now presented in my daily. 

My long forgotten dream to be work in publishing media and be a Editor in Chief, somehow happens in a very indescribable way. My boss herself is compound of my previous ones in a person: appreciative, nurturing, demanding, and rushing. Whatever have I imagined as office life is miraculously brought to me. 

Though I don't get to go for business trip or have a flexible working time, also the money is not as big as previous one, I can deal with it. I have learned to set priorities - the things that are more significant and urgent to be fulfilled in first place so it helps to console me when the others don't meet my expectation. The world does not go completely as what we want after all. 

It does conspire. All we got to do is grow faith, give time and space for it to work on the things that we have wished for. But still, again, select which one you desperately need and which one that can be negotiated. 

Image result for the world conspire