All blame on Neocortex

I am almost 26. I am freaking out. How not!? I am closer to scary 3-head age rather than cute 2-head one! There are some early twenties in my office and I am just jealous of how they have started their career path early. I wonder, where  have my 23 and 24 gone? It feels like I have just graduated uni in my bright early 20s, having all permission and excuse to fool around. Then I shut my eyes for a moment to sleep. BAM! Here I am at my 26! OH-DAMN-WHERE-TIME-HAVE-GONE?


Not that Im not grateful or content of things I have now. I (am starting to) do! It's just my imaginary scale weighs how much I have done so far, was it all worth enough? And, well, the most prohibited question that I should not have.. have I done as good as others? Those early twenties colleagues seem to be more steady than I am at the moment. Perhaps, they earn more than I do. Yadayadayada.. Devil of comparing comes inside and I know I gotta shoo him.


So I remember one internet post about how people got their own time differently. Trump becomes president at his what-age-is-he-now?, while Obama was earlier and younger. How some people achieve their success earlier and how some other later. But it doesnt count as late. It's just ripe on time. And well, it doesnt mean that those twenties colleagues of mine are on their destined position right now. Perhaps they may not feel belong in their current place and are still waiting the best place they should be in, like I was in my early twenties.


Also, I remember one nice philosophy or you may call it justification as well from Korean drama I recently watch. This may not precisely its script, but it helps anyway. So human is equipped with neocortex as part of their brain which helps to shape sensory perception, language and blabla. Because of this fella, human got to feel humiliation, depression, and any other sensory perception. Animals (or cat, as the movie depicts) dont have one. They will never feel boredom to stay at home all day or worry that they grow old.


On the other hand, "human lock themselves in time." Age matters, feeling counts. Exactly the way I feel right now, flustered by my age which is only the notion created by society and human itself. Can you see the devilish cycle here? Basically all trouble is created by the human and neocortex fella! Ok. Please disregard, all my ranting above, it's all neocortex manipulation and scheme!
 
I (will) pay no attention if I'm 26 or 46. I am living either way, so just live!