start matters


For me, the most important and difficult part of an essay is introduction. 

Facing the blank page not knowing how and where to start, having bunch of idea popping in my head will just lead me to just close the window of the Word.

Introduction is crucial. It contains what your main point, reason, and justification. It will determine where your essay will develop, whether it interest people and drag them to continue to read, and will it worth to be read.

Blurred introduction will just lead to unfocused essay, weak supporting ideas, and waste of time. So, from the beginning, it should be clear where you stand and what you want to cover.

And for my systematic way of thinking, every single paragraph should be connected and well directed to the next one. This brings me desperation when I haven’t found my focus but the time is going later and later forces me to do it right away. I have to start it no matter what. No matter I erase every single word, rearrange every single paragraph back to back.

I spent one day just to finish the introduction.

But, as it finished, I’m sure with my standpoint, I couldn't stop. Expanding the ideas, finding fact to strengthen my points is simply exciting just like playing to find treasure.

So, start matters.  

Same as how you start your day. Whether you decide to start your day gloomy or vibrantly, it affects to your day and night. When you begin your day with desperation thoughts, burdens, imagination of how many works you have to day, you drink expired fruit juice which cause stomach ache, vomit, and dizziness. By the end of the day, you just feel heavy in your shoulder
.   
As communication theory notes that first impression matters, last impression affects as well. How you close your day have an effect on the next day. Hence, if today is a bad day, make tomorrow a good day. Having smile and thanking God for what happen today, and closing your day by throwing all disappointing things.
New day drinks new fruit juice. No good of drinking yesterday’s juice to start new adventure.